Andrew B. Wickline, MD, FAAOS
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Fellowship-Trained Total Joint Specialist
I am a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in total hip replacement and total knee replacement. With over 17 years in practice, I have extensive experience in computer navigation and robotic surgery, muscle-sparing techniques like anterior hip replacement, and tourniquet-free knee replacement. My experience and innovation in joint replacement surgery has led me to become the top joint replacement specialist in all of New York State.
I have also developed a new, innovative recovery technique for total knee replacement called the “Therapy-Free Total Knee Replacement.” This Therapy-Free protocol decreases pain, saves money, and accelerates recovery, allowing patients to recovery in the comfort of their own homes. This robust program of preoperative patient education and optimization has led to a 2X lower complication rate than the top 200 orthopedic hospitals in the nation.
I currently teach anterior hip replacement and outpatient joint replacement techniques to surgeons in the USA and India. I also spend time educating surgeons and patients about my Therapy-Free, narcotic-free joint replacement method.
I completed my fellowship training at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic. I am the founder of the total joint replacement program at St. Elizabeth Medical Center and initiated the Accelerated Outpatient Recovery System for both the hospital and Apex Surgery Center. In my spare time I enjoy hot rods and road racing.
- Undergraduate: Union College, Schenectady, NY
- Medical School: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Internship: Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany, NY, General Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany, NY
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, FOCOS - Foundation of Orthopedics and Complex Spine